There are a lot of things you can do with your iPad. This page gives some information about what you could do
to handle a specific task.
We recommend not to use Dropbox, Google Docs, iCloud or other cloud based solutions when dealing with corporate (UM/azM/MUMC) data.
- FileBrowser, an App that gives you 'Access to Files on Remote Computers', with this tool you can, for example, access UM file shares (payed, 2.99 euro), see the instructions below.
- Documents To Go, an App that can 'View, Edit & Create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files' (payed, 7.99 euro or Documents To Go Premium, 16.99 euro)
- iAnnotate PDF, a tool to view and edit pdf files (payed, 7.99 euro)
- Mendeley, software to organize all of your pdf documents in a personal library (free)
- Papers, Papers for iPad is a revolutionary and remarkable way to read, organize and share your personal library of research (payed, 11.99 euro)
- Numbers, Spreadsheet for iPad (payed, 7.99 euro)
- Pages, Word Processor for iPad (payed, 7.99 euro)
- Keynote, Presentation tool for iPad (payed, 7.99 euro)
How to connect to an UM share with your iPad
- Outside Maasnet, the university network, (for example if you are working at home) you will need to have VPN up and running on your iPad.
- Install FileBrowser on your iPad
- On a PC running Windows find out (once) the address of the drive you want to connect to
Select your drive, right mouse button >> properties >> DFS tab, and write down the address
- On your iPad start FileBrowser and add a new machine
Enter the drive address you want to connect, and your username
For security reasons: do not enter your password, leave the option 'On demand' selected
- Follow the same procedure for projects and organization drives.
Only, select your organization directory (not the root project L:, but select directory name , in this example: FHS_FHS)
Add a new machine using this address